Monday, August 24, 2020

Sobering musings; mortality, empathy and The Absolute

As infinitely complex as things (as in 'all-things') are, it's ultimately down to very basic principles. 

Comparative studies of different systems of thought (whether psychological, biological, philosophical, politics or religious) show that all knowledge kind of can be condensed. 

Many mystical systems are perhaps the most experimented with in providing different patterns of the interactions of different "energies" which represent all of these things in different sequences. 

I do think, even though my own experience and study is limited, that it ultimately does come down to the emanations of the Tao from the Trigrams, or as better known as Qi's intersecting complimentary opposites of Yin and Yang. Or the Abrahamic YHWH - the interactions of the Yod with the He with the Vav (the name of God as a cosmological model), or alternatively the seferiot of the tree of life.

The Hermetic law of correspondences "As above so Below" is absolutely true.

But besides that, the nature of archetypes as expressions of the variations of these fundamental aspects of reality manifest, reflected literally and metaphorically (such as politics as a reflection of metaphysics and psychology/biology as a reflection of metaphysics etc).

But despite that, we as a human culture, or even the potential robotic future, will never know everything despite even having all of the central pieces, because we are part of that equation. Unless we were removed as an observer out of time/space, then we are part of the thing we are trying to solve. Hence also the problem of consciousness itself. The great irony of the science of today. 

Anyway, what motivates all people comes down to the same very basic principles. For us as conscious beings, it is a rat race, the desperation and hopelessness can be very real, very heavy, very harsh and unbearable. I think it is true that we are here for other people and not just ourselves. The selfish "me-only" existence I don't think is really rooted in nature, whether evolutionary or not. Both the most fundamentalist interpretation of creationism and the most vehement interpretation of evolution affirm the social needs of humans, we fall apart without other people. They are there for us and we're there for them. All of the same old maxims and proverbs apply. Money doesn't buy happiness, the pleasures of the outside world are not where happiness is, it comes from inside firstly and from the act of being there for other people, giving other people hope. 

Irreligious or not. 

The most difficult part though is that some people are so wrecked inside that they become near impossible to help, psychopaths for instance are very difficult. Such people have a lot of deep-seated trauma that it takes a very special kind of person to help them to see the light, to see hope and their purpose. Same applies to a lot of other situations. 

Here I am reminded of two things, Thelema (Will) and Wetiko. Will is obviously, in the Thelemic system, the thing that binds reality together and the reason we exist, as an expression of it and born to discover then fulfill it. 

We for Wetiko, it is the dualistic delusion of "the other", it is the virus of the mind that cases war after war, fight after fight, argument after argument, pain after pain. It is fear itself. What fear doesn't realize is that it fears itself, as all things are one thing. If I kill someone, I kill myself. If I marry someone, I marry myself. If I hate someone, I hate myself. If it rob someone, I rob myself. 

That nondualistic vision is where Thelema (Will) and Wetiko cross over very clearly, as well as many philosophies and religious views. 

Even Jesus said (quoting an obscure verse in Leviticus) "Love your neighbor as you love yourself". 



I still have my demons to overcome, I still have a world ahead of me (as you to do). I hope that things become better, life cannot stay the same for too long, it's like a law of time, nothing stays the same. The less optimistic side of that is also a cause of existential dread, which is itself a form of Wetiko. 

No comments:

Post a Comment